Teens who have been confirmed are HIGHLY encouraged to participate. You will meet weekly with your small group at a time and place that works for your schedule. Friends are welcome to join your small group. Contact Denise Maher for additional information.
Bishop Robert Gruss has called the Diocese of Rapid City to be a diocese with a mission. Our mission is encompassed in hospitality, faith, and discipleship.
YDisciple is a Catholic Youth Ministry initiative powered by the Augustine Institute in Denver, CO. The future of priestly and religious vocations, marriages, families, and strong Catholics is formed in the teenage years through intentional discipleship. For this to be effective, we must engage parents as the primary driver for the overall ministry. YDisciple helps strengthen youth ministry efforts.
Putting Discipleship at the Heart of Youth Ministry
YDisciple provides an environment for teenagers to come to know and love their faith. Discipleship is not a program – it is an apprenticeship on the Christian life. YDisciple is designed to:
- Train and equip adults to disciple teens
- Connect teens with caring, faith-filled adults who can apprentice them in the disciplines of a disciple
- Draw teens out of the crowd into an environment where they can be known and cared for
- Share and teach in a small group setting where testimony, discussion, and faith sharing can take place
- Support parishes with resources to grow in their faith and share their faith with teenagers
- Provide quality content so adult leaders can effectively introduce and explore topics of the faith
- Mobilize as many adults as possible to mentor teens through a user-friendly online platform
How does this work?
- Small groups meet weekly outside of a classroom setting with two small group leaders
- Teens decide a time and place to meet. Groups can meet at coffee shops, the Newman Center, teen’s houses, restaurants, etc.
- Teens can join a small group or create their own – friends are welcome to join
- Sessions consist of activities, videos, discussion, faith sharing, prayer and more
- Personal growth in your own faith.
- Large group activities & events.
- All small group leaders are trained by the parish liaison at the Youth Office, and successfully complete all diocesan Safe Environment protocol.
Groups & Activities
Socials will occur on Wednesday evenings at 730 PM in the Youth Room followed by individual group breaks. We will also participate in city wide YDisciple social events on a semi-monthly basis.
Teens and parents, check out https://www.augustineinstitute.org/formed/ydisciple/ for more information. Registration forms are available at the Blessed Sacrament Church youth bulletin board. If you have any questions about YDisciple or would like to volunteer, please call the Youth Office at 605-342-3336.